Sony HDX870: Can you attach 2 decoders?

mik_tote

Standard Member
Does anyone know the correct way to connect the following hardware?

1) Sharp LDC TV (1 HDMI, 2 scarts)
2) HDX870 recorder
3) Satellite STB (scart, no analog aerial)
4) Freeview STB (scart)

Apparently, using the HDMI connection does not allow me to use Pause TV and SCART pass-through. It looks like the HDX870 has better functionality using SCART. I don't really need 1080 upscaling as I have a Sharp PAL panel.

I still haven't attempted to attach my old Freeview tuner yet but my idea is to have the second tuner attached and be able to watch a freeview channel with it while I record another one with the recorder digital tuner . Do you think this is possible?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't think I can do it without expert advice.

M

mrfreeview

Does anyone know the correct way to connect the following hardware?

1) Sharp LDC TV (1 HDMI, 2 scarts)
2) HDX870 recorder
3) Satellite STB (scart, no analog aerial)
4) Freeview STB (scart)

Apparently, using the HDMI connection does not allow me to use Pause TV and SCART pass-through. It looks like the HDX870 has better functionality using SCART. I don't really need 1080 upscaling as I have a Sharp PAL panel.

I still haven't attempted to attach my old Freeview tuner yet but my idea is to have the second tuner attached and be able to watch a freeview channel with it while I record another one with the recorder digital tuner . Do you think this is possible?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't think I can do it without expert advice.

How about

DVB-S STB to HXD870 SCART IN

HXD870 SCART OUT to LCD TV SCART 1

DVB-T STB SCART OUT to LCD TV SCART 2

I believe you can set the SONY HXD870 to pass through on its SCARTs when in standby.

The only slight draw back with my proposal is I don't believe you would be able to watch the DVB-S when you where recording with the HXD870 a DVB-T program. But you would be able to watch the DVB-T program via your STB and record the DVB-S program to the HDD on your HXD870 to watch later.

But of course you would be able to watch one DVB-T broadcast via the STB and record the other DVB-T broadcast on the HXD870.

You just need to take care with COMP Video and RGB as I suspect the HXD870 will only "pass through" when in standby and not convert one format to another.

I hope my post has been of use. :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom