Sony HDR-HC1 HDV with Adobe Premiere 6.0

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by ianh64, Oct 14, 2005.

1. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I have the Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder and Adobe Premiere 6.0. Does anyone know if there are plans for an HDV plugin for this version? I could not find anything on the Adobe website so I guess v6 is pretty much unsupported now.

Thanks

Ian

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    I know from reading the review of this camcorder on the PC Pro website that there is a plugin for Premiere Pro 1.5 but there's no mention of Premiere 6 :(

They also say the following were HDV capable....
    .....Canopus EDIUS Pro 3.31, Media Studio Pro 7 with its HDV plug-in, and Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6.1

3. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would verry much doubt that there will be any updates for v6, the last one I installed was 6.02 (XP support) I think the best thing would be an upgrade to Pro (may be cheaper than buying the full version of Pro) having said that I now run Pro 1.5.1 and haven't been overwhelmed by its HDV performance.

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Oh well. Unfortunately pro needs XP and im still a W2k man. Also, its more for tinkering with than anything more serious so, having crossed Adobe's hands with many many gold coins in the past, I am no longer in the position to justify significantly more expense. Until a proper HD solution for archive and general purpose use becomes available, I guess the FF on the remote will be king.