Sony HDR-CX6 advice on burning and ps3...

mattboyslim

Hi I have the Sony CX6, very pleased with it. However I wonder if somebody can answer a couple of questions:

I want to burn a movie onto a disc via my PC and then play through my ps3. (I know I can just plug the memory stick in but want to archive films on discs),
I take it that this would not be HD when played through my ps3, if I purchased a Blu-Ray Disc burner and then played it through my ps3 would this then show my films in HD?

Also when I COPY my Video over to the ps3 from memory stick, it doesnt store it as 1 film/video but disects it into the individual video clips. So to watch the whole film you have to watch each individual clip. Is there a way of copying it as 1 file??

Apologies if I've not worded it very well, but any help greatly appreciated..

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
The PC3 can play AVCHD on ordinary discs (not blu-ray) in HD. The AVCHD-DVD camcorders use ordinary discs and these play on the PS3 (or blu-ray player).

As to how to do it, hopefully someone who has done it can comment; I don't have an AVCHD camcorder. I think you probably just want to copy the clips on as data files. The result will be HD, not SD.

Each clip is a separate file, so there is no way to copy as one clip.

senu

Distinguished Member
Motion Browser that comes with the Camcorders does some sort of "editing" without changing the format from AVCHD
Im not sure if you can join with that
You can ( in addition to burning to disc) copy AVCHD to PS3s HDD and watch it off that

Have a read
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499250

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom