• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony HDR-CX410VE

metalpaul1000

I purchased this recently and i am very impressed with the quality. This is my first camcorder and the settings mean nothing to me. Iwas wondering if there are any tips for filming. Best settings etc especially lowlight.

Any responses would be awesome:hiya:

12harry

Distinguished Member
Low-light is the bugbear of any camera-user . . . use the wide-angle setting and a tripod.

Can you give some idea of what you are filming and the available lihght-level.

There are several suppliers of 160-LED on-camera lights (about £30), but you'll need to buy rechargeable batteries too. These will solve most low-light situations, but be careful to have the subjects (if more than one) at similar distances. Some experimantation with light-value settings may help to remove any over-exposure (in bright areas). However, for filming people you may need to soften the light - and this will drop the light-level.

If filming indoors there is no alternative but to introduce proper lights - it just makes all the issues go away..

Do that help?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom