Sony HDD Camcorder DV out

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by petereh, Sep 2, 2007.

1. petereh

petereh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    I am considering buying a Sony HDD Camcorder, but note no (Firewire) DV out. Now I know that Firewire is primarily aimed at tape format camcorders, but I have a Sony HDD/DVD recorder (RDR-HXD710) and would like to quickly transfer video from the camcorder to this unit. The HDD/DVD recorder has a Firewire (iLink) input, but it seems perverse that the Sony HDD Camcorder offers no apparent facility to transfer digital video to it. Or have I missed something?
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Peter

2. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    The HDD camcorders have only usb.2 out and you are right in saying the 710 has only firewire in,im not sure if there is an adaptor the can change the ends for you,if there is not the only way your gonna get your movie on the player is to use the composite(yellow,red and white)on the front of the player,or if you upgrade your player to the newer RDR-HXD870 they have usb and firwire.:thumbsup:

3. petereh

petereh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks friend. Much appreciated...it appears such an adapter is available (a search on ebay offers plenty of results and at aboout £3-4 inc postage from Hong Kong it would have to be worth a try). Thanks again, and hope to be playing you again next season. Best regards, St Peter ;-)

4. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    no worries,i hope you sort it out:smashin: