1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Hd5 - Transfer files from player to PC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by sba, Jun 15, 2005.

1. sba

sba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Borrowed a friends HD-5 - when trying to copy some of his music to my library it says (as it says in the manual) that the files were transferred from another pc so they cant be copied......!!!
    Grrrrrrr

Is there any way around this???

S

2. gerrysludden

gerrysludden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a similar problem - I have music on both my PC at home and at work and want to use my HD5 with both - but I am only allowed to use the player with one computer. Apparently in USA it's possible to "Authorize" the player with multiple PC's - is the same thing possible in UK - if so, how do I do it, or get around the problem.

One other minor point with SonicStage. When I connect the HD5 and the listing of music on the player appears on the right hand side of the screen, I can only view the tracks on the player by artist - I want to view as any type (Album, genre etc). Any ideas why this is and how to solve?