Sony HD5 Silver Color question.

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Bacon_N_Cheese, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Bacon_N_Cheese

Bacon_N_Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, I wanted to get a black HD5 due to the fact that the silver one has silver buttons and I didn't like that. I have just boughten the black version for $300. I could've gotten the silver or red one for 285 but I didn't like the colors. I just noticed though on the sony style's "3d interactive tour" that the silver version has black buttons. I thought, what the fudge? All the vids and pics I have seen of the silver version has clear buttons. So does it have black buttons or clear? It would suck if it actually was black buttons and I wasted $15 and an extra week waiting for it to come.

2. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The 30gb HD5h has black buttons. The normal 20gb HD5 has silver buttons (which crack sometimes).

I think the black unit is the nicest looking.

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What you saw was the HD5H - a limited edition, 30GB silver model with black buttons (see my avatar).

4. Bacon_N_Cheese

Bacon_N_Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah I see thank you. I've heard about the 30 gb version but haven't ever seen it for sale anywhere. Is it only in some countries?

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Europe only, I think???

6. jordan2pip

jordan2pip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Europe and Asia. Not available in the U.S :mad:

7. szsiddiq1214

szsiddiq1214

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    acutally, i think the buttons are silver...i thought the same thing and emailed sony, and was told that the buttons are silver on the red and silver models...i guess its just a matter of the light angle in the 3D rendering