1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 Questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MikeH211, Jul 28, 2005.

1. MikeH211

MikeH211

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right then you boffins - How about these...? :)

1. Can I "bookmark" a particular place in a long running mp3 file, say a 30 hour audio book, so that I can jump straight back to that point at some time in the future? If not, am I correct in thinking that turning off the HD5 and turning it back on won't loose where I was up to?

2. What is the HD5 like for fast forwarding? If I wanted to move 10 hours through an mp3 file can I do it quickly in a few seconds like on an ipod or am I looking at an hour of holding the FF button down?

3. Is there anyway to get photos off my Canon 1D and onto the HD5? I know I won't be able to view them but can I dump them on there when I''m away from home?

4. Is the 30GB version available in colours other than silver?

Thanks in advance...

2. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    1. Nope.. But yea remembers where u are when u turn it back on
    4. No

3. MikeH211

MikeH211

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks L11 - Anybody for questions 3 & 4? :)

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) No
    2) FFWD is quite a lengthy process
    3) Not as far as I know
    4) No

5. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    1. Can I "bookmark" a particular place in a long running mp3 file, say a 30 hour audio book, so that I can jump straight back to that point at some time in the future? If not, am I correct in thinking that turning off the HD5 and turning it back on won't loose where I was up to?

No - But as others have said it starts from where you stopped it last

2. What is the HD5 like for fast forwarding? If I wanted to move 10 hours through an mp3 file can I do it quickly in a few seconds like on an ipod or am I looking at an hour of holding the FF button down?

10 Hours !!! What kind of MP3's do you have? You can speed up the FF by pressing pause first and then FF'ing but 10 Hrs !?!?!?

3. Is there anyway to get photos off my Canon 1D and onto the HD5? I know I won't be able to view them but can I dump them on there when I''m away from home?

You can use the NW-HD5 / NW-HD5H as an external HD but you won't be able to view the files on the player's screen itself.

4. Is the 30GB version available in colours other than silver?

Nope

6. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    That's a great tip Keanos, thanks.

7. MikeH211

MikeH211

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    10 Hours !!! What kind of MP3's do you have? You can speed up the FF by pressing pause first and the FF'ing but 10 Hrs !?!?!?

I ripped some of my audio books as sinlge files rather than one per CD so you can imagine something like Harry Potter would last about a day... Probably not a good idea looking back on it...