1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Hd5 Mp3 Help Please

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tpm45, Sep 14, 2005.

1. tpm45

tpm45
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just bought the above and have downloaded SS 3.2. My problem is everytime I put a CD in the drive and import it, I find that everything is untitled, artist genre and song titles. Gracenote should bring all these titles into play ready to put on the MP3 player.

My PC is fairly new 1Gd Ram 80Gd harddrive and 2.0 Meghz processor. It is Java script enabled and will accept cookies. I have MS XP Pro, but Internet Explorer 5.0. Do I need a better version browser like 6.0. Oris it something else that is not allowing gracenote to show CD disc infomation. I have even tried switching off virus checker and firewall whilst connected to the net, still no luck. Any info or tips would be gratefully accepted.

2. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to change one of the settings to get gracenote and "register" or something like that, if I can recall right

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a weird problem with Gracenote, too: it only fetches CD info for a couple of discs, then refuses to work. I constantly have to close and relaunch SS to 'reset' it. Why?

4. dinesh.jadav

dinesh.jadav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TPM45 - I had the same problem but the guys from Sony sent me a couple of tips to install the software. If you go into tools, options and CD Drive settings and cannot see CDDB, you will probably have to re-install the software - see the thread on Sonicstage and CDDB - I posted Sony's advice on there yesterday. Good Luck.