1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 mp3 alphabetical playlist problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ctybaert, Aug 2, 2005.

1. ctybaert

ctybaert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Sony HD5 mp3 player and love the unit. When I set up my playlists (over 500 different ones) in Sonicstage, they are in alphabetical order. When I transfer them to the HD5 player, they are in alphabetical order.
    HOWEVER, when I then add a new playlist to the list of playlists, that last playlist is ALWAYS appended to the END of my playlists on the player. (In Soncistage, they show up all in alphabetical order). Is there any way to keep ALL my playlists ON my HD5 player in alphabetical order even when I add new playlists? PLEASE HELP!!

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm ... haven't tested this yet.

A new 'glitch', perhaps?

3. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've only got 4 playlists on mine but I've just checked and you're right. It does seem a bit silly. Deleting them and reinporting put them in alpabetical order and only took a few seconds. Not sure how long that would take with 500 playlists, but I wouldn't think very long as it's only lists and not the actual files that is being transfered. Not an ideal solution but it works. Why on earth do you have over 500 playlists though?

4. ctybaert

ctybaert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I keep each separate artist's album as a separate playlist in alphabetical order. For example, I have 7 different "Doors" albums, each one titled: "Doors - Album Name". as 7 separate playlists. This way it's easy to find that particular band and album. I do it this way in iTunes for my iPod and it works great! Total synchronization in alphabetical order. Now if there's only a way to keep playlists in alphabetical order on the HD5 without deleting them and re-importing them...