1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 Carry case

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by BIGRED, Jun 9, 2005.

1. BIGRED

BIGRED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    having learned the hard way in the past , :oops: damaging new toys!!! :oops: i really should buy a padded case for my hd5 asap .does anyone have any suggestions appart from the leather one on sonystyle ? i have seen these http://www.thepouch.co.uk/sony/walkman/ they say they custom make for any model.

2. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The leather one on sonystyle is actually the proporta one!! I'm quite impressed with it. Protects quite well - the leather having aluminium inserts. The "claws" which hold the hd5 arent quite deep enough to hold the machine neatly - but it works and I guess after a month or 2 use the leather will stretch/soften slightly anyway. Would recommend them.
    Ps Mine arrived in 3 days from sony belgium- impressed with service too.

3. BIGRED

BIGRED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Shirley

is it possible to access the buttons without opening the case up on the sonystyle one ? i am planning on buying a remote for it soon so not being able to access the buttons shouldn't really be a prob......

i've just looked at the proporta web site which has better pics than the sony one and it is clear that you can't access the buttons without opening the case .

4. mikeynl

mikeynl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't seen the official one by Sony, but I'm sure it's pretty good. I had the same thing when I bought a digital camera by Sony (the L1) for which there was only one possible carry case: the leather one from Sony. I saw it one pictures and wasn't impressed as it didn;t seem to completely cover the camera, but I tried it and it has metal in it so it's extremely tough and it's a tight and perfect fit too.

5. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Bigred. You have to "unclip and let down the front flap" ( if you see what I mean!?) to access the front buttons - the hd5 is then held in the jaws like clamps. I just fold the front flap back on itself and hold machine in my hand. If the front flap is down/covering the front then the only thing accessible is the headphone socket(s)- I've tried it with an elk40 remote ( from my nh1 mdisc) - works well and thus dont have to take it out of the case. You would also have to fold back the front flap to get access to the usb/charge cover/sockets. Overall it's extremely well made - built like a "tank" ( with the aluminium inserts!!) and very "protecting"!! ( even though the sides od the hd5 are still "exposed" the case would still protect from a knock I reckon.

PS There's also a "slot" in the front flap to store a credit card or two ( if that's important to you!!)

6. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Edit - when I said "let down " the front flap - I mean lift up/fold back over cos the "hinge" ( if you see what I mean?!) is at the top!!

7. BIGRED

BIGRED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    cheers shirley , still not decided what case to get yet , will get one this weekend though cause going without one for over a week now i really am pussing my luck !!! fingers crossed i won't drop my player till it is nice and safe in a case !!!! :lease:

8. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Quick question about the "clamps".

When the unit is slid in and out of the case is there any danger that these clamps could scratch the sides or is there some kind of rubberised protection or something on the contact side?

9. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The claws/clamps are covered in leather (on inside) so hd5 case should be ok. I've slid mine in and out a few times without any probs!

10. smilodon500

smilodon500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. briankai

briankai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    noreve.com, custom aftermarket cases... VERY high quality. I bought one for my soon to arrive HD3, and I must say I'm seriously considering giving up on hating the French after seeing how well put together it is. It's almost as hot as Alizee... and it's twice as talented.

Kai