1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 Button

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Nixit, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Nixit

Nixit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really would like to get an HD5 but as I live in the US and Sony seems to enjoy feigning ignorance pertaining to our wonderful build quality issue, I am slightly worried.

Anyway, I had a thought: what if one were to use a razor or similar sharp object to cut nice straight lines where the four buttons connect (where they would usually crack) so as to avoid stress fracturing the buttons. (Sort of a pre-emptive strike?)

Any opinions?

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thats what I recon sony should have done in the first place, Just have slits between them that are all nice and neat and rounded off to avoid the problem completely. If I was sure that my buttons would crack so messily i definately would have cut it myself.
    My top left crack is not straight and is kind of the odd one out, at least they could have cracked neatly!
    So yeah if you are brave enough to cut the buttons neatly with a scalpel/hobby knife or something I'd say go for it while you have the chance.