1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 button protection

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by PollMak, Jul 20, 2005.

1. PollMak

PollMak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my HD5 (red) for a week and all seems fine.(no cracks) Excellent Sound device.
    Seems like there are a few users who have had a bit of bad luck with the <^> button.
    Looking carefully at the Main button design it seems like the "button" can cracked if 2 buttons are pressed together. ie: [ < & ^ ]
    I guess some users have fat fingers, (this is a tiny player), and I guess the materials used on the button are to stiff and snap/crack easy. Thus the cracks.
    To reduce the risk of cracks and/or hide existing ones just use one of these:

no more cracks on your HD5

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Or rather than trying to disguise them (when they should not be there in the first place) why not sign the register, contact Sony and put pressure on them to resolve the problem permanently.

;)

3. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Wow, you can now make your HD5 look like an I-pod!! :thumbsdow

4. PollMak

PollMak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Red Ruby has no problems. But I guess I can understand how users must feel. On the plus side sony is fixing the problem. (thanks to user feed back)Remember: They design kit to make money not problems.