1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 button cracking solution anyone?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by swiftbmx, Jul 6, 2005.

1. swiftbmx

swiftbmx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. After reading threads and multiple pages of the HD5 cracked buttons, I was kinda turned away from this player but I ordered it anyway and may just deal with the inevitable cracked buttons. My question is, before it gets here, has anyone worked on a solution perhaps before it breaks? Maybe taking it apart(only if it doesnt void warranty) and reinforcing the directional button with something underneath? Who knows... just thought someone out there may be smarter than the rest of us because it looks like Sony really doesnt have a solution yet. It seems like they just replace the HD5 with a new one which in turn will face the same problems. Any chance the U.S./North American version is a different batch?

Thanks guys,
    KB

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    No no no. Don't open it or you void the warranty.

A solution? Wrap it in cotton wool and/or pray or hope Sony recall and/or change design