1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD5 and transfer to SonicStage

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by NookZ, Jun 22, 2005.

1. NookZ

NookZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

I'm having a little problem with transfers between HD5 & SonicStage and wondered if anyone could help me.

I received my HD5 on Monday morning and after installing SonciStage spent most of the afternoon importing all my WMA files from Media Player and then converting them for transfer to the HD5.

I then transferred all the WMA files to the HD5 - after setting up numerous playlists.

Anyway, I noticed that my hardrive had reduced in size and so rightly assumed that SonicStage had made a copy of the WMA files whilst importing them. So, after checking in the 'Optimized Files' directory, I deleted all the original WMA files from my PC.

Right, so far so good, but it didn't last for long.

I hit a snag when I tried to play one of the original WMA playlists from within SonicStage. The program reported that the file was missing and did I want to remove the playlist. That's OK I thought, I'll just copy them back from my HD5, so I deleted all the playlists from SonicStage and then tried to reimport them from the HD5.

Guess what! It doesn't work - the <- button on the transfer page is greyed out and Sony helpdesk think it's something to do with rights management and that I should delete everything, reformat the HD5, uninstall SonicStage and start again.

Is there a better solution?

Cheers,

NookZ