1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hd3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jiwonuk, Aug 3, 2005.

1. jiwonuk

jiwonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just bought sony hd3...and i see so many threads about the player faulty.
    now im having doubts wheather i bought it properly on not.
    i just want to have a sturdy player.
    is there anyone using hd3 without problem? :(

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im sure there is. There are people who like the HD3 better than the HD5.......It seems that it has better build quality. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the HD3 and you shouldn't have much trouble.
    Enjoy your new music player.

3. jiwonuk

jiwonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply.

4. rigger123

rigger123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Im a hd3 user and so far have not had any problems with it at all (except when i installed the american version of sonicstage lol, but thats all sorted now)! I would definately reccomend it to anyone though, its a great piece of kit.

Sasso - is there a firmware upgrade for the hd3? i never knew about this, would you mind posting a link please?

5. *baggie*

*baggie*
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned an HD3 for 8 months without any problems. I have also used SonicStage for the same period which apart from a few niggles has performed impeccably. Not the smartest bit of software in the world but does its main job just fine. That is importing music and transferring it to the HD3.

6. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, there arn't any firmware updates for the HD3.....I don't own one but i thought i saw it on a website....it was actually the SonicStage 3.1 upgrader....my bad.....

But that must mean that it has good firmware straight out of the box!...could be wrong.

You can use the HD3 and HD1 in windows 98 i think because there is a driver here for it. http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/DDCategory.aspx?Model=NW-HD3&Category=Personal+Audio

I recommend using SS3.1 until the official European Release...which is soon i think...

7. Wykey

Wykey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, I've got one and it's ace.

Battery seems to last forever, sound quality is good and I use it with an old NetMD walkman remote control, which works a treat.

8. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a problem and I've had it 8 months. Player and SonicStage including an update to 3.1 have worked fine. Excellent sound and once I was used to Properties it does exactly what I need.

9. cabster21

cabster21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a remote for the HD3, and basically want it as cheap as possible, while still be able to fully operate it with just the remote, i was thinking about RM-MC35ELK, but wondered if anyone knew of a better option.

10. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    I bought an MC35 Remote off Ebay yesterday for £30 including postage. Should be here tomorrow so once I've had a chance to try it I'll let you know the results

11. world_tripper

world_tripper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bashed my HD3 around and not had any problems. Its a sweet player, wish I could get some of the mp3s back off the player onto cd, but on a world trip its not likely (due to the DRM).

12. cabster21

cabster21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. SweetOrchid

SweetOrchid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: Hi Jiwon, I have an HD3 and am very pleased with it, it is working fine. My daughter also has one... her first one went wrong but the one she has now is fine.... Sony did have some problems with some HD3's within a cerain Serial Number range which my daughters was in.... She got it exchanged. Hope you enjoy yours

14. jiwonuk

jiwonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply u all.
    but im afraid hd3 was out of stock and wasnt sent.
    so i got rio carbon instead.