1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD3 Total failure

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by aund, Mar 17, 2005.

1. aund

aund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect my new HD3 will have to go back. It fell about 5 feet to the floor and although it continued playing the same track, when i insrtructed it to change track, the "no data detected" came up. This happened before and i just re entered all the tunes. However all it is doing is powering up with the logo and a minute of short "beep beeps" follow, then it goes off. The PC wont recognise its plugged in. I tried switching battery off, but no luck and there is nothing in the manual.

Is this the end of my walkman? Please help

2. ilindsay

ilindsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To me, it sounds like your hard drive is knackered. :thumbsdow

3. aund

aund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that depressing confirmation!

The only reason the f***ker was out of my pocket was because it was jumping all over the place as was running. Those IPOD people with their pods attached prevent this happpening. When is Sony going to do something or anything to match? And that includes major improvements to Saddest Stage softwear.

If I can get my cash back, looking for advice.

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    To be honest, I reckon you should look at reviews on Amazon, then go to a local electronics shop and actually look at various players and talk to the sales assistant (although they usually have no idea what they are talking about). Then decide which player you want and get it on the internet because its cheaper. :D

Good luck with getting a refund, where did you get yout player from? I think if its within 28 days or something of the purhase date most retailers will give a refund on faulty items.

5. aund

aund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I was at the store where I bought it at 9am this morning. I didnt say I dropped it, but something abut it not starting properly, and the other wee niggles I had. They gave me a new one! Its not black, but silver, but who cares. I will keep the new one firmly in my pocket.

I went to buy a fast USB 2 port today and was informed that they are different for desktops or laptops. Whats that about? Since I am about to convert from a laptop to a pc with proper memory, it was going to be a waste of money. I will therefore be transferring overnight to my new machine.

After reading some of the problems people expierience with the HD3 and SS, I have a funny feeling this wont be my last cry for help.

Thanks again