1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hd3 remote

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by scratchyjase, Apr 5, 2005.

1. scratchyjase

scratchyjase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    is there a remote for the hd3, and where can i get one and how much. info much appreciated.

scratchy

2. SP303

SP303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right having done some reading via Amazon reviews of the NW-HD3 found these two:

Sony RM-MC40ELK
    Sony RM-MC35ELK

Both of which can be found on a well known auction site, they were around £40-£50. I'm sure you'll find them for more and less if you look around.

From what I believe these are remotes for minidisk players but they work with the MP3 players as well. The listings show they are compatable with them.

Haven't got one yet, so cant say if they do. Best thing is to find a mate with a minidisk player and borrow their remote :)

3. lammy

lammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    w8 4 a while there gonna be a remote commin out 4 the hd3 soon

4. chromosome

chromosome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    have u got any new details about it?

5. lammy

lammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    im not too sure wen its commin out but he said this month or next. this is in sony shop in hk tho. i will try find out more.

6. Phil K

Phil K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I presume the...er...not-too-intelligent spelling is down to too much time mobile phone texting, rather than actually believing things are spelt that way ? I hope so anyway ! :rolleyes:

7. PlasmaNewbie

PlasmaNewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hmm, I see the HD5 has just been out up on the Sony UK Site. No mention of a remote ....

8. caz1979

caz1979
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my RM-MC40ELK a couple of weeks ago. Workmates thought I was a bit weird getting a remote for such a small player but it'll be great when I go on holiday as I'll be able to keep the HD3 in a carry case and just use the remote so the player doesn't get soaked by the pool.

Have to say the remote is brilliant. It's actually easier to use than the HD3 itself. Comes with a blue backlight and very easy to use buttons and navigation. I got mine off eBay but it took almost a month to arrive from China although it wasn't the sellers fault as I saw proof of postage. The remote even comes with a crocodile style clip on the back and a 'hold' button like that on player. The 3 line display provides all the info that you get on the player including battery power and can be changed to show track duration, time left on track etc etc.

I would recommend buying one but then I'm going to be biased as I own one.

Hope this helps someone.

9. cykalan

cykalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The remote in Hong Kong is available through Sony directly at about 40GBP/US$70 actually...only 10 days warranty though.

See if any of you guys are interested, maybe able to arrange something... :clap:

10. lammy

lammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    lol :lesson: who the teacher in this forum? Yeah i just type/spell short because its much faster and you can still read it!!

11. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old minidisc remote works. Sort of. Can switch the HD3 off but not on. Can change the volume but not the tracks. The pause button makes it shuffle and the display doesn't work. Oh the play mode does work but only if a track is playing. Almost better than nothing. :confused:

12. nipbiplip

nipbiplip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +570
    About to order a HD3. Apart from ebay and Sony direct, anyone know of anywhere else you can pick one of these rm40elk's up from?

13. Fanboy

Fanboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.audiocubes.com sell them too - that's where I got mine from. I have to agree with caz1979 - it's a great little remote - I only take my hd3 out of it's carrycase now when recharging or working with Sonicstage to transfer tunes.
    :thumbsup:

14. rebusuber

rebusuber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have one of those remotes and most of the remote buttons works fine , only problem is when I press stop I cannot restart the music, I have to press play on the hd3.
    I have had my remote for about 6 years. it came with a minidisc but not used it for about four years until I saw the earphone connection port on my nw hd3.

15. Phil K

Phil K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "who the teacher" ??? Does this mean "Dr Who is the teacher" ?
    You also don't care too much for punctuation or capital letters where they should be either !
    (Sorry - but it gets under my skin a bit - lowest common denominator and all that. It doesn't exactly shout "Great intellect at work here !" even when the person concerned ISN'T simple or incapable - maybe laziness though :D )

16. al1980

al1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  17. nipbiplip

nipbiplip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Just a note to let anyone who wants an mc40elk remote, that currently on ebay there's someone in china selling them for about £28 (and that includes postage). An ebayer called 'znetcompany' (or something). It's not on the normal uk listings, but if you click on 'see all items' you'll see it. They advertise it in their currency (about 250RMB).
    Was very wary about being ripped off, but decided to take the gamble...
    ....and guess what?

It arrived via courier from china to uk in less than 7days!!!

Get it bought!!!