1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hd3/hd5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by blackpoolowl, Jun 28, 2005.

1. blackpoolowl

blackpoolowl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya the hd3 is £149 in argos. the hd5 is £199.
    is the hd5 worth £50 more than the hd3??????
    what are the differences?

any help would be great . i am ready to invest

thx
    terry

2. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD5 has 10 hours more battery life in it supposedly, plus a replaceable battery. That's about the biggest difference. If you're likely to upgrade about the time that the battery goes dead on the HD3 (several years one would hope) then that is the way to go, because as soon as the battery goes on the HD3 then you'll be looking at well over £50 to get it replaced by a Sony repair centre. If you're wanting to stick with the one player for as long as possible then the HD5 is probably worth the extra £50 for peace of mind as you can get the spare batteries for reasonable prices at high street electronic stores, or so they'd have you believe.

Looks and the follow-turn feature on the HD5 are unimportant in my opinion. The rest of the player is pretty near the same.

Since I reckon I'd probably upgrade in the next few years anyhow I'd go for the HD3 personally, but it's all down to you and your wallet.

3. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    You should be able to pickup an HD5 for less than £200 easily enough. £180ish online in various places and £170 in Dixons at most airports...

4. Rumpaton

Rumpaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kelkoo has it for 160 i think, i printed off their page and took it to comet who do the we will beat any price thing. Easier to take back there and got a warranty. If you do this and they say they don't do it, ask for the manager because they definately do.

5. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the hd5 is smaller. it will probably have more aftermarket support as well- since it is the latest and the greatest. the hd3 is already forgotten. then again, it wont take long for an hd6 to come out.

6. caleb2002

caleb2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see it on kelkoo for £160, do you know which retailer it is?