1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hd3 and sonicstage help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by 2pac-is-alive, Aug 5, 2005.

1. 2pac-is-alive

2pac-is-alive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    firstly is there any point in spending money on a hd5 or is there much diference between it and hd3 as i was going to get hd3
    also is sonicstage rubbish on everything except windows xp cuz i read somewhere it was i have windows 98 pentiumIII will it work ok???
    plus all these usb things are confusing i have a usb port but dose it have to be a certain version or what
    Please help cuz i dont have a clue :lease:

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I find the HD5 to be a very good little player (had it a month). Relatively lightweight, very small - smaller than an iPod, anyway - and if you use Sony's ATRAC3Plus format you can make all your tracks play exactly like they are on the original CDs (perfect, as it won't put artifical gaps between tracks on, say, live albums).

HD5 has fewer technical glitches and some improvements over the HD3 - a removeable 40-hr battery for one! And I think it will work with a PIII Win 98. As for USB, don't worry. Even if you've only got 1.1, the transfer will still work - it'll just be a lot slower than using a 2.0 USB.

3. 2pac-is-alive

2pac-is-alive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ur a legand thanks a million

4. cabster21

cabster21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD3 is still very good, I personally didn't like the looks of the HD5. Though the battery is an advantage. The SS version I got with my HD3 2.3 was rubbish, but the 3.1 is a bit better, like when you transfer a file it doesn't like, rather than crash it just converts it for you. Still not fantastic but it does the job. I don't think there is a lot between them though.