1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD3 - All Tracks Disappeared!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mousebong, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mousebong

mousebong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

After about two months of impressive service, I took my HD3 out of my pocket this morning only to discover that the entire database had been wiped!!! Why-o-why-o-why-o-why!

It was connected to my PC briefly last night, but I don't think anything was transfered to it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what might cause this to happen.

Before I decide to complain to sony and the retailer, I thought I'd open this up for comments - in case its something I've done :lease:

Thanks

2. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Can you not reload the db from your Sonic stage?

3. mousebong

mousebong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could - but it would be more useful to know how I could avoid this happening again, if you see what i mean

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats really odd, are the files still there? try using explorer to have a look in the drive and see if the actual files are still in there, if they arent perhaps you accidentaly reinitialised the drive?

5. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Turn off the player at the built on battery, then turn it on again.

Both me and my mate had this problem with HD1s. It randomly decides it has no database, but turn it off/on again and it realises actually it does!

6. micaab

micaab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    happened to me only once, i had to connect it to a pc with the USB cable and the disconnect, when you do this it shows "Creating Database" message and it was ok.

7. FLIGHT101

FLIGHT101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah it happened to me too once! you have to connect it back upto your pc and disconnect it again and it should be fine! well thats what i did!

8. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What a co-incidence, mine did this for the forst time yesterday morning. After Sh*ting myself I decided to plug it back in to the usb cable check the contents in sonicstage and then it worked. Thank goodness!

9. Palesaint

Palesaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this problem too, where it says 'no database found' ...you don't need to worry, if you re-connect the HD3 to the usb and power cable, look in your Removable Disk folder and you will see all the tracks there, if you 'refresh' close everything down, then unplug the usb power cable.... it should then say 'creating database' on your player, then all your tracks should be there........ it has happened to me 2 or 3 times......but it's them once you connect again......