1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony hd20 v Sanyo Z2 v Themescene H56

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gorshin, May 28, 2004.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Which one is best? I'm going to have a 72 inch screen in either dark or pitch black conditions. I like the look of the Sony's resolution over the Sanyo.

I intend to buy the new Arcan 79 dvd player with hdmi output. This is obviously compatible with the Sony, but the Sanyo's only got a dvi port. Would I need an adaptor? Any effect on pic quality?

Anyone compared these 2 pj's? With the Sony now only £1500 (ish) there is very little price difference (about £200). I should I stretch to the Optoma/Themescene H56? :devil:

I will be wtching dvds only (no games or Tv). Any thoughts greatly appreciated :)

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a Z2...... whilst a great machine, it is obviously a budget machine. The HS20 however has the great points of the Z2 (not lens shift though?) plus has the advantage of being of a higher build quality..... the hs20 would be my choice anyhow :) Alot may depend on whether the throw ratio is ok

ad