1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Hd Vs Creative Vs Ipod Vs Iriver Vs Others

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jimmy696, May 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jimmy696

jimmy696

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, this is simple.

I've been all over the web for the past week and I'm still no wiser as to which HD/MP3 player I should buy. :rolleyes:

20gb or ideally more as I will be using large/excellent quality files.

SONY HD VS CREATIVE VS IPOD VS IRIVER VS OTHERS

Please give me your votes and obviously your reason for this.

I'm mainly concerned about sound quality, don't need videos, photos or voice recorders! :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Jimmy

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,240
    I have Sony HD3, with music at Atrac 256 (highest Atrac quality) and I like the quality. I paid attention to the range, as well as cymbals and drums.

Now you're just asking for it. Everyone has different opinions. But having heard an iPod as well, I wouldn't say it had poorer quality. In fact, I wouldn't say Rio, Creative, Sony, Apple or Iriver players had bad quality. Otherwise they wouldn't sell any players and go bust! Every person's choice in DAP is subjective.

Others will go into the murky area of messing with EQ etc and matching headphones.

with this in mind it'll be harder to make a choice based just on SQ. You'll need to look at the whole package. Looks, SQ, portability (size), batt life, software, navigation, features.

Have you seen any players you like in particular? just to narrow it down you know :)

3. jimmy696

jimmy696

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, much appreciated!

Here are my current favs that I'm seriously thinkin about:

Sony NW HD5 (style, battery life, size)
    Creative Zen touch 40gb or 20b (price, battery life, apparent excellent sound quality in general)
    IPOD 20gb/40gb (reputation, ease of use, lossles files)

Thanks for the help.

Need to make a purchase soon as I fly to Zante on 28th May and need a fully loaded player for my visit!

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a look at the latest issue of Which? magazine, or on the website if you're a subscriber. They review and classify 19 HD DAPs (and 27 flash DAPs too).