Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony Hd Designs

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by stylez_paniro, Apr 19, 2005.

1. stylez_paniro

stylez_paniro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think that sony would make a hell of a change if they changed the arrow type buttons on their nwhd3/5 etc, into the rotating circle (the circle actually moves-not touch like ipod - and sony had the circular idea waaaay b4 ipod) u find this saturns-ring-like circle on some of the dvd and vcr players sony previously made. who agrees? wud me much easier to scroll through tracks by FAR! holdin down a buttin is kinda boring...but i love my hd3! got over 320 albums on it, cudnt live without it! i just hope that the battery life lasts me as i dont wanna send it off 4 replacement battery ever! theres too many jewels on the hardrive!

2. wanda

wanda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I know what you mean, certainly does make life easier on the ol' thumb having a rotating wheel ala the ipod but the arrow buttons are ok, maybe sony didn't want to make it look too much like the ipod and be accused of copying its navigation?

I guess it's personal preference really although like you said on Sony's vcr players they have the wheel mechanism and panasonic adopted that for a long time on their vcr/dvds.

The hd5 though is smaller and lighter than the ipod and that appeals to me. The ol' classic ipod is still too big and the ipod mini not man enough for my record collection.