1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Hd-5 Support Withdrawn By Sony

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by carolo, Oct 26, 2005.

1. carolo

carolo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received an offficial e-mail from Sony to say that the HD-5 range is not going to be backwards compatible with the new NW-A3000 range!

I would advise anyone on the site to think very carefully before buying a Sony product.It is liable to be ditched by Sony at any time.
    :hiya: Wave goodbye!

2. Aargh

Aargh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you worded that wrong or am I just not seeing the significance in what you have said? Do you perhaps mean that Sonic Stage is not going to be backwards compatible with the HD-5 and previous?

If it is the case with SS, then I can't see it being too much of an issue. They have said similar before (i think with the HD-3/1). I think Sony issues these statements so that they can try to force gullible people into buying a new player every 6 months.

3. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can something that is older be backward compatible? It would make more sense if you said the A series is not backward compatible with the HD5, not that that makes sense either. Are you talking about the software that comes with the A series (connect player) that wont be compatible with the HD5, yes that is known (they emailed me saying so), although some people refuse to believe it. I personally would not be surprised if it was not compatible, and would be very surprised if it was, after all its sony, the controllers of all our lives, and the company thats going to fail because of their poor ways and efforts.

4. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I think what he means is:

If you're a HD5 user - Have to use Sonic Stage
    If you're AW3000 User - Have to use the new Connect software

Either way. Both hardware and software will be supported by Sony.

5. dskywalker

dskywalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really care whether HD5 is compatible with the connect player. What I'm really ****** off about is that there will be no future HD5 firmware updates. This product had only been on the market for a less than a yr! I'm not saying that the HD5's firmware is bad, but dont you sometimes just feel like it should at least get some support for another 6 months when you pay $299 for this player?

6. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm not that bothered, my HD5 has a huge dent in it and locks up twice a day

7. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then a firmware would help you stop locking up wont it. Are the lock ups due to the dent?

8. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    No idea.. Where can i get a firmware update? Will it clean all the music off my player?

Oh yea and sonicstage hasn't opened for the last 2 months

"Invalid Argument Encountered"

9. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was referring to if they made a new firmware which they havn't.

However what firmware do you currently have installed? If it is not version 1.2 then you need to update it, freezing is specifically what this version has fixed. Mine has never frozen.
    To check what version you have: plug in ac adaptor, goto options, initialise, then firmware, and i think it tells you at the top.
    If its not 1.2 goto sony website and download it, it gives instructions, and no it wont delete any of your music.

Have you tried sonicstage 3.2? Download it from Sony UK website (unless you are from not UK and use Connect to download music)