1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD-5 - Gapless playback

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GrooveyTunez, Jun 15, 2005.

1. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of the main reasons ive ordered my HD5 is because of gapless playback. Having looked at screenshots of the sonicstage software it looks as though you still rip the tracks off the cds seperately, but i assume when you send them over to the player they are merged? or to put it a different way, they only appear seperate when in the software, when infact its still one large file?

2. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    hello again...

Im being very handy tonite...

The tracks appear separate corresponding to the trcks on the cd. However you will end up with gapless only if you do the following:

1) Encode in Atrac3/plus (which i believe u are..
    2) If you have a 2 cd set, you need to tell the player that the discs are separte eg on mine i have ministry of sound clubbers guide. Firstly i tried using one album name for both cds to make it nice and neat. However the player cant work out which tracks belong to which cd and they are played interlaced..therefore u lose the continuity. However naming them MOS CD1 and CD2 separtes the album contents and they will play, gapless, in the correct order. Make sure you dont have shuffle mode on though.

3. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again for your valuable help davisneil. Just finished listening to 2 new house albums and cant wait to get them on my new player!!!

4. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    good music...whos the dj?