1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HD-5 Battery Questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GrooveyTunez, Jun 20, 2005.

1. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys (especially davisneil :hiya: )

Might seem like a stupid question, but why does the AC adaptor have to be connected to the player and plugged in when you connect the player to the pc?
    If i only want to send tracks over to the player, why do i need the charger connected as well?
    Maybe im wrong but i get the impression from the manual that u have to have the ac adaptor connected everytime you want to transfer tracks to the player.
    Im currently listening to the player while its charging from the AC adaptor, i have the usb connected to the player but not plugged into the pc at the moment because im not transferring anything.

Please confirm or dismiss my assumptions

PS) When unplugging the unit from the ac charger, do u unplug it from the mains first or just unplug the mini-plug from the unit first? does it matter?

2. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    you dont. you could use the ac adaptor in another room just to charge the unit, and the usb cable for song transfer and charging. dont make a habit of charging from usb though try to use the ac adaptor. you can disconnect it with the mini plug first then the wall.

3. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thing is everytime you plug the USB lead in to transfer tracks it starts charging anyway, will this constant partial charging when im trying to transfer tracks degrade battery life?
    I suspect its better to load the player with lots of albums in one session, rather than adding a few everyday or so.

4. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    you got it in one! dont worry about it too much but yeah that is what i tend to do.

5. SP303

SP303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just be warned if your battery is low (even 1 or 2 blocks) and you want to transfer, the amount it charges via the usb, may be less than what it uses to transfer. Thus you end up with a dead player that could crash when its in mid transfer.

This happened with my old Creative Zen, just saying its easy to be carefull.