1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hcd-sb100 speaker plugs wanted

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by pedro71253, Aug 11, 2005.

1. pedro71253

pedro71253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought the unit with no speaker plugs and have no idea where to purchase them from so the unit is sitting there unused, any help would be so greatfull, they look like modem plugs sort of as i have only one and need five more for the surround sound. thankyou.

2. SIGNALEX

SIGNALEX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i also have this same set but the problem is i get audio only when i play dvds nothing else

3. kentish_lad

kentish_lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I think those colour coded wotsits are unique to sony

4. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,307
    you wont be able to buy them from sony,and i think you might,i cant seem to see them on partmasters site(they might be on there),so unless you could find them second hand,i think you are out of luck.

5. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    You might find what you need here - I do not have a Sony system, but I hope this link helps you.

6. prjwarren

prjwarren
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    had the same problem, you can get sony speaker plugs via googling sony speaker plugs which leads you to various web sites selling parts. HOWEVER! if you're a bit handy and carefull you could use red crimp connectors trimed down and squashed. Bit of messing about but worth it. Up to you but the connections are about £20 and my old surround system is prob not worth much more, just be a carefull as you dont want to bend the prongs at the back but the connection is just as good, just done it to get mine working. Paul

7. Presuming Ed

Presuming Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +449
    Wondering if anyone can give me some advice on these colour coded Sony plugs...

I snapped a wire by accident recently and now the cable isn't long enough. I'm no electrician, but if I buy a length of wire am I likely to be able to pull the existing wire out of the plug and replace it with a new one?

Thanks for any advice.