• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony HC7 capture problem

ellianad2000

Standard Member
I would value help with the following problem. When playing recorded hdv from my hc7 directly to my hd plasma the picture is superb, but when I capture m2t files using Sony Vegas 7 or Sony's free pmb software, panning shots judder/flicker as the camera moves, non panning shots are fine. My pc is a few years old - Pentium 4 2.8ghz, 2.5gb ram, 120gb hdd, is it due to my pc or other settings? Thanks

senu

Distinguished Member
What software you play with matters
VLC is good but ultimately m2t files are a little demanding on more modest PCs
Also try to minimise the window size
Yours seems about right though ( similar to this one Im using and I do play m2t files on it with 1Gb ram easily) so it may be that it just needs for you to optimise the system
Reduce a lot of background memory hugging programs( anti spyware ) ect.
Defragment the HDD
AFAIK Windows ( even XP) will use up to 2Gb and not anything thereafter efficiently
For capture to playback
try
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/CapDVHS
It captures and stripes off the transport header from m2t. this make it a lot easier to play

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom