1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HC40 Problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by handyandy, Aug 9, 2005.

1. handyandy

handyandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody had the following problem with their Sony HC40/30/20 Camcorders? My HC40 has started playing up a month out of guarantee!!. I have done a web search and it seems to be a very common problem but I would like to know if anybody has expenienced problems with the UK model and what the solution was.

The symptoms are -

1. Memory stick access light flashes when power is supposedly turned off. This possibly causes...

2. Fully charged batteies are completely drained in a few hours even if the camera is turned off the whole time. I have a FP70 battery that if left on the camera and fully charged in the evening is completly dead by the next morning. It is so flat that even the battery info function doesn't work.

3. When in camera tape mode pressing the record button on the rear of the camera causes it to switch to camera memory mode. The record button by the screen works fine.

Reseting using the reset button doesn't solve the problems

I hope there is an easy fix - it sounds expensive!! :mad: