Sony HC37E to intel imac (how do i)

izzygoodyeman

Standard Member
hey there

just purchased a cheap HC37E handycam (DV) and it doesn't mention OSX any where. I am running Leopard on a 24" 2.8ghz intel imac. What do i need to connect the two in the best way. will the mac know what is happening or will i need drivers etc

thanks

jont

The camcorder has a iLink connector which is sony's brandname for firewire - so look for a 4pin to 6 pin cable in a store/ebay ... should look like attached :

Then hook the camcorder up to your mac and open iMovie08 (or 06 depending on your preferences/need/experience) ... iMovie should find the camcorder and you can control the playback/import of footage through iMovie ...

HTH - have fun

Jon

Attachments

• 1367.jpeg
    1367.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 296

izzygoodyeman

Standard Member
All i can say is wow, anyone who has battled with windows movie maker and drivers etc is wasting their time and money just like i was. This is exactly why i wanted a mac. i just plugged it in and off i went. it even controls the camcorder.

wow i am truly amazed

jont

That's why we like 'em ;-)

Jon

Tenex

Distinguished Member
All i can say is wow, anyone who has battled with windows movie maker and drivers etc is wasting their time and money just like i was. This is exactly why i wanted a mac. i just plugged it in and off i went. it even controls the camcorder.

wow i am truly amazed
Even though I'd never tried iMovie that's why I made a leap in the dark and switched a few years back.

Incidentally if you're a newbie you may want to go to Apple's website and download iMovie 06 if you don't have it. Much more feature rich.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom