1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HC19E Photo mode

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by laserboy, Jun 6, 2005.

1. laserboy

laserboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just purchased new sony dcr-hc19e camcorder, I have connected it to my pc via usb cable and have been able to transfer video files with no problem.
    My problem is with the Photo mode, I have taken several photos with the camera and have been able to view them on the camera itself, but they transfer to the pc as .avi files not jpeg.
    Also when using the remote you supposed to be able to press the "PHOTO"
    button whilst viewing the video and a jpeg is produced, I can't seem to get this to work, any ideas from someone who has achieved this
    thanks
    laserboy

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Anything recorded to a DV tape on a camcorder will be an AVI file. To get a JPEG you need to record the photo to a memory stick.
    If your camcorder works the same as mine, when you press the photo button with only a DV tape in the cam it records a still image to the tape for a few seconds, along with any sound that the mic is picking up dutring that capture. If you play back the tape with a memory stick in (or in my case the 1.44" floppy drive connected) then a still image JPEG should be transfered onto the card.

HTH,
    Mark.

3. furqanh

furqanh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought this camcorder in a heist. have a same probs. can't filter out the still photos as jpeg. Laserboy!!! any luck???
    :lease: