1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HAR-LH500 - Disk Access

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by windsurf123, Mar 18, 2005.

1. windsurf123

windsurf123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I previously posted this in a different forum (probably the wrong one)

Not sure if this is the correct forum but people here seemed pretty clued -up, so hopefully someone can help.
    I have the Sony HAR-LH500 and must say that generally I'm very pleased with it.
    I am however very nervous of losing all the CD's and MP3's I've transferred to the unit, should the HDD ever crash. The supplied M-Crew software (very slow, very poor generally), has no options to access the file structure of the disk.
    Does anybody know of a suitable piece of software that can access the HDD and potentially allow me to backup it's contents.
    Thanks for any help or pointers to sites that may.

Regards

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i didnt even know sony made hard drive players other than the hd1/3 players.

could this m-crew software be a potential replacement for sonic stage, it cant possibly be worse!

3. RainFX

RainFX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. davidkingmartin

davidkingmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I, too, am seeking an answer to that of Windsurf. The USB connection can only be used for the purposes of labelling/tagging etc.