sony har-d1000 - advice please

W

wakelings

does anyone have this kit?
i am interested in purchasing, however have little information re the pros and cons of this format.
i currently have a marantz cd player, kenwood amp, eltax 6 speakers. i love the idea of a 500cd jukebox, however am not too sure re the sound quality of hdd vs cd format.
any views would be appreciated
cheers

Originally posted by wakelings
does anyone have this kit?
i am interested in purchasing, however have little information re the pros and cons of this format.
i currently have a marantz cd player, kenwood amp, eltax 6 speakers. i love the idea of a 500cd jukebox, however am not too sure re the sound quality of hdd vs cd format.
any views would be appreciated
cheers

I am also interested in this unit but I have heard that hard-disk recorders by Yamaha and Onkyo are better. I would be inclined to wait for the reviews to appear before making a decision.

Guys if your thinking of these machines, then maybe a post to Sony & Yamaha about the new CD protected discs that Sony Music are now distributing which cannot play in PC/Macs will be a good idea. Just ask them if these HDR players will accept the new copyrighted discs like Lauryn Hill - MTV Unplugged on Sony Music, as these machine have CD-Roms like a PC I dont think protected CDs will play on them.

Quite a neat idea by Sony, they produce quite interesting NET MDs & these HDRs then their musical wing Sony Music start making their CDs unplayable on the very PCs needed to use their audio equipment.

HTHs BTW the Yamaha has had quite good reviews from what Ive seen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom