• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony GXD500 -Problem with Freeview (Pin8)

Blake77

Standard Member
I have just bought this combined Freeview/DVD Recorder and have found a couple of problems.Firstly, When pressing the ON button on the Sony it does not automatically activate Pin 8 on the Scart so that the freeview channel appears on the TV.I have to manually select AV on the TV remote.
When I play a DVD however Pin 8 is activated. All my settings appear to be correct (RGB etc.)and the scart lead is fine.Secondly, RGB on freeview is only activated when I press System Menu on the remote and press setup (but dont alter anything.)
No other equipment is connected to the Sony. Am I missing something ?. Any help would be much appreciated.

T

taki183

I've noticed the same things on my GX500. However, I think this is just the way the machine works, rather than an actual fault.

Personally, I prefer the fact that powering up the DVD doesn't switch the TV to AV.

The RGB thing is slightly strange, though.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom