Sony GXD500 DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alarustic, Dec 28, 2004.

1. alarustic

alarustic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I've recently acquired one of the above units. It's a fantastic jump from VHS, that's for sure!

However, as has been mentioned in other threads, there are a couple of niggles with it. Most notably, you can't add a buffer when recording via the EPG. So I've missing the last 60 seconds or so of about 3 out of the 5 programmes I've recorded so far.

My question is this, if anyone can help. Will it be possible for Sony to provide an update to the OS by CD or whatever method? Or am I stuck with this?

For anyone who's interested, I made this unit multiregion by using the 1,2,3,4,5 Palm trick.

Many thanks,
    Russell.

2. JamesL

JamesL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I think we are stuck with it - thankfully setting a 'manual' timer is very easy. I am hoping (and expecting) an over the air update to the DVB side of things, i.e. the ability to remove channels, as has happened with the Sony V800U digibox.

3. bailda

bailda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Russell

What exactly is the 12345 Palm trick and how do you use it as I have one of these units but only region 2
    Thanks

Dave