Sony GX300 set up problems

G

gillyk

My first post - please be gentle;) I came across these forums while looking for a dvd recorder and comments on here prompted me to go for the sony gx300 - thank you:clap: . But i have a problem ghosting and a line going from left to right which transfers to the recording:( i have toshiba tv, digital cable box (tellywest) and dvd recorder to hook together her is what i done tv to line 1 of gx300 (scart) cable box to line 3 (scart) aerial from wall into cable box, cable box to gx300 then gx300 to tv. I had the same problem when i played a dvd through my dvd player and the issue was solved by switching cable box off but that cant be done and record at same time:confused: Also i have tried hooking up my video and removing the cable box, i tried taking the scart from cable box and replacing it with the video scart,i can watch the video but cant record it all i get is fuzz.

If anyone could shed any light on the ghosting and line that would be fantastic and my first priority and also any help with video would be good but not quite as important as family have lined up there old videos for me to record to disc:rolleyes:

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Do you still get the problem if you remove the aerial?

Was just coming on to post, yes it is fixed thank you:) the main problem was i didnt understnd the scart setting and therefore i couldnt choose the right one, i called the sony center and the guy talked me through it as the dvd recorder was picking up the cable on line 1 rather than line 3 hence the problem, then he advised me to get fully shielded gold plated scart cables (5.99 homebase) and that sharpened the picture to perfect:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom