1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony GX300 Set to RGB How?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by banjo21, Feb 23, 2005.

1. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Sounds silly...
    I have my GX300 connected to PW7 thru component. I thought I'd try the RGB picture quality thru a JS converter to VGA socket. The thing is you can't have component and RGB outputs enabled at same time and frustratingly you have to switch component off before RGB on. Its not as easy as switching RGB on which auto switches comp off.
    So yes - I switched component off, tried to find RGB on having no picture on screen for reference and can't.
    So what key presses (exactly please) to get RGB on. assume start at blank screen.
    Daft I know :)

I could get my old 28" CRT back downstairs but its boomin heavy and I would rather press a few buttons.

Please ....!

2. Tony 21

Tony 21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it poss to put your scart output from the sony into your plasma, if so go to the corresponding channel on your plasma, you should have a picture and be able to use the system menu on the dvd to get your scart control and component option.
    I have a sony GX7 which i hope is roughly the same in the fact that you can only have either rgb or component, and its a bit of a wind up going through the menus all the time. I don`t have plasma but a tosh 36" tv and find rgb best for sky, and component for dvd playback.
    Hope this helps.