Sony GX3,different recording times & quality

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by smallmanongn, Apr 14, 2004.

1. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how it makes recordings in the 2 hour mode as opposed to say the 1 hour mode.
    I have done recordings in both and have analyised the discs on the laptop and it shows both the recordings being in the same bit rate and I cant really see any difference watching them back on the TV.
    Basically what does it sacrifice to make the recordings fit.

2. johnhugh

johnhugh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My GX3 arrived last week and to be honest I cannot see much of a difference between 1hr and 2hr recording mode quality when played back on a TV.

John

3. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly my point,so what does it sacrifice to be able to fit 2 hours on or is it supoosed to fit 2 hours per disc and it it just the 1 hour mode that is a "waste" of disc space?

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Hi

There is a difference between 1 hour and 2 hour modes. 1 hour is a datarate of around 10Mbits/sec whereas 2 hours is half that.

Depending on your eyes, brain, the source and TV kit, you may or may not notice a difference as it is subjective when viewed by our eyes, that doesn't mean in 3 years time when you have a nice new super large screen TV your eyes will see the same thing.

Regards

Philip