Sony GX210 Widescreen 16:9 recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mns1977, Nov 3, 2005.

1. mns1977

mns1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Sony GX210 and have a question about recording in 16:9 format. The manual says this is only available in RW- discs in VR format. Does this mean that if I record from my Sky box on any other disc (or RW- in normal format) the pricture is converted back from the output of my sky box (which is set to 16:9 format) to 4:3 format? Alternatively does the restriction just apply to recordings made using the inbult analogue tuner?

If I can't record from Sky in 16:9 format on discs that can play in a normal DVD recorder this seems a major omission. Help Please.

2. mns1977

mns1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've checked around all the reviews on the web and can't find an answer. Please help.

3. darkwood

darkwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can record in 16:9 or 4:3 on any disc format. In fact there is nothing different about the signal thats recorded in either mode. What this recoder doesnt do except with -RW is to recorded the message that tells the TV what format to display the picture in, so you'll mostly like have to switch the TV to Widescrren manually. This is an utterly studid ommision but doesnt stop you from using it with a sky box.