1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony grand wega dead pixel

Discussion in 'TVs' started by blackadder, Jul 20, 2004.

1. blackadder

blackadder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Purchased a graded sony grand wega kf42sx200 from robert whyte,the set is in unmarked condition as new and i am well pleased "but" there is a small green bright dot,it is constant but does disapear on certain backgrounds.
    Its about 8inches down and 6 inches in from the top righthand side and is visible upto about 10 foot away,because i know its there im constantly looking for it.
    Will i get used to it or should i send it back,and if i get it replaced could i end up with a worse set "dilemma".
    What are robert whyte's like for exchanging these,any advice :lease:
    thanks

2. rkb

rkb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hello Blackadder.
    I found Whytes good to deal with when a Sony HS10 was faulty. It was graded, but Sonys' own warranty policy is to treat it as if it were a new A1 unit. Usually can get refund if within 7 days or get replacement.
    probably depends if the one dead pixel is within Sonys own tolerances - might depend on how many pixels dead and/or where they are on screen before a replacement is offered.
    No harm in asking for a replacement if the pixel is obvious from your viewing position.
    Cheers
    rkb

ps I also bought a Tosh 46 RPTV from Robert Whyte about three years ago- great to deal with and the set has been first class. A well set up RPTV is very impressive,

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Blackadder,

If the cabinet was unmarked then it was probably the dead pixel that caused the set to be graded!

This should have been stated when you made the purchase.

Since you (presumably) paid less for the graded set, then you'll be very lucky if they agree to swop it for a new one.

Still, nothing to be lost in trying!