1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony FX68 RGB problem - Expert needed!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stejcoolj, Mar 22, 2005.

1. stejcoolj

stejcoolj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you can help! My Sony FX68 is connected via SCART (gold plated Thor) to my Sony 930V DVD player. DVD output is set to RGB. 95% of DVDs work perfectly, but on some DVDs I've noticed a horizontal band of discolouration across the top quarter of the screen (slight green tint) that flickers at an irregular interval. When I pause the DVD, the flicker continues. The only way I've sussed to stop the flicker is to power the TV off and switch it back on. I might have to do this a couple of times.

The DVDs I've noticed are affected (but not every time!) are: Kill Bill Vol 1, Region 2 PAL, Star Wars Trilogy Region 2 PAL, The Rock Region 1 NTSC, Star Wars Trilogy Region 2 Pal, 24 Series 1 and 2 Region 2 PAL.

I have no magnetic fields close to the TV and also note that my RGB connected ntl cable box picture (fitted to the other RGB enabled SCART socket on the TV) has no flickers.

I presume the problem is with my TV, but any advice would be appreciated before I contact an engineer (who will probably take it away for a couple of months before returning it "no fault found").

Cheers,

Ste

2. Bascombe

Bascombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

not sure this will help you, but I've got this set (damn fine too!), and have had some probs with flickering colours via rgb input. Tho in my case, its pretty definitely to do with the rgb socket at the dvd source. The flickering was something that I only occassionally noticed on some films largely as it was most noticeable when there was a large patch of light, pale colour - like the interior of the lars dining area in Attack of the clones. Have you tried the dvd player with a diff tv - or (and you've probably already tried this) connecting the dvd player via the other rgb scart socker, just to rule out a dodgy scart socket on the tv?

Bascombe