Sony FX68 Flashes of Colour

N

Nana

With the wisdom of the avforums help I bought the Sony fx68 at Christmas. At first everything was OK, but lately there have been odd colour flashes, especially when playing my Tosh DVD player in Svhs (the only way it will play as it's a US model).

The colour flashes occur whenever there is a lot of base (I think this model has a built in sub), and a transparent red or green flickers, across the screen.
I tried watching TTT yesterday and had to switch off as it was impossible.
I usually don't get this with normal telly, although there has occaisionally been the odd green tinge to the picture which lasted about 30 seconds, but that rarely happens.

Now before I have to go through the arduous task of calling a bloke out, has anybody else had this?
Or does anyone with knowledge think it's the TV that's at fault or my old DVD player, bearing in mind everything played perfectly when I first had the telly.

Another problem I had, it used to take up to a minute for the picture to come on in the morning although you could hear sound, but that seems OK now.

Any advice or conjecture would be gratefully received. :)

by any chance do you have speakers on the tv or next to it?? if not maybe another magnetic source, this sort of thing was happening to my old tv when i placed some speakers each side of the tv and the speakers were interfering.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no speakers, no system actually just the tv & DVD, I've even switched off the microwave which was about 2 foot back on the other side of the wall, still flashes of red on the tv though.

The funny thing is, with the Sony you can switch the speakers and sub off so that you can play the sound through a system. Whilst trying to find out what was wrong I did that and no flashes, so somehow it must be to do with the audio signal, but whether the tellys to blame or the old player I don't know.
I just wondered if anyone here with more knowledge than me could make a more accurate guess.

I suppose if I can't figure it out I'll get a cheapie player from amazon to check for sure, it can always be a pressie for someone if that doesn't work and it's the telly that's at fault.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom