Sony FX66.. Double Digit Channel Selection?

mr.nick

Established Member
Reaction score
When I use the numeric buttons on the remote to change channels I always have to either key in 01, 02, etc. or wait approximately 3 seconds before chosing another channel - is this default and un-changeable? The reason I ask is because I did have a rather perfect 32FQ75 previously, but that still lives with an ex :suicide:, and it wasn't the default or set with that model.

Also is there any way I can tell if my model is *genuinely* brand new and not one of the countless rejects I've been reading about on this site?!

I bought it from John Lewis Glasgow.

The reason I asked about it being brand new is because it came in a box sealed with brown tape; every other Sony product - including the FQ75 - came in a box sealed with clear tape.. daft reason I know!

There are a few geometry problems I hope to sort with the service menu but the double digit thing I can't see a way of correcting, so that's why I was wondering if this is default for the FX66.

the brown tape thing would concern me but the fact you got it from john lewis would surely mean it was new.

i also got mine from jl but edinburgh i also collected it from their warehouse so no chance of it being opened in shop as it were

regards

Tom Barr.

I know what you mean, I would hope John Lewis wouldn't be part of re-packaging defective product but in saying that I wonder what happened to the GRX VAIO notebook I got them to replace when Sony said that a few dead pixels were acceptable?!

Tom - I take it you have an FX66? Does yours have this double digit thing?

yes i have one and yes it has the double digit thing but why don't you use the + and - buttons instead?

do you have any other problems with the tv i.e white clouds on a black screen?

But what if, for example, you want to switch from channel 1 to 5 then 3 , why should you have to press + 4 times then - 2 times to get there when you could hit 5 then 3 straight away? I know this might sound petty but the 3 second delay because of this double digit thing is nagging me.

I don't have problem you mention, only the position of the screen when using wide, thankfully :)

i also have that problem but i do have great picture quality so i'm unsure as to whether i'll get an engineer out to it:confused:

I guess if you don't feel comfortable going into the service menu to make the adjustment yourself then you should call out an engineer to do it for you, but there's plenty of information on the web about doing the adjustments [as long as you write down *everything* before starting] that you should be fine.

I actually downloaded the FX66 service manual in PDF format from this forum at the weekend - thank god I'm on BB since it was 40Mb+!!!!

I'd agree about the picture quality; although I do miss the DRC on the FQ75 the FX66 is excellent value.. I'm just having a debate with myself about splashing out £45 for a custom RGB cable for my Nintendo console :eek:

Sorry Tom, I just checked my GetRight log but I deleted that yesterday but downloaded the manual on Saturday IIRC :rolleyes:

BTW Tom, from what I can make out so far [haven't had much time to really read the manual] the information is already available on the web.

SERVICE MENU.

I've searched through the service menu and there is no way that you can change this double digit channel change.
I believe this method was brought in for countries with many channels.
Unfortunately we have only a few analogue channels so this fuction is not user friendly for us.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom