Sony FX66 - Bend in Picture

J

jambodoug

Hi

First time posting to the forum so be kind :)

Since I took delivery of my TV in May, I've noticed on various EPG (Telewest and Sky) an unusual "ballooning" in the lower mid section of the screen. I had expected a "flat screen" view, not a traditional "bowed" view.

I did get hold of the tech manual, but that didn't really help much.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Cheers

Doug

Doug

I no longer have my FX66 (too much buzzing, but thats another story) but when I did I had the same effect, most noticeable on Sky Sports news and other programs which have banners across the bottom. I spoke to Sony and an independent engineer about this and they said it was a feature of the set.

I now have a Loewe and fortunatley it doesn't do this (and it doesn't buzz)

Cheers

Ste

utter toss i had a problem with my 36"sony set same channel and everything phoned sony and was told that this was a feature of the tv too so i hotfooted it down to the sony centre in nottingham as they had this particular set on display and theres was perfect got onto the phone shouted soliciter alot......... last monday i got my new tv picture is perfect

Originally posted by jambodoug
Hi

First time posting to the forum so be kind :)

Since I took delivery of my TV in May, I've noticed on various EPG (Telewest and Sky) an unusual "ballooning" in the lower mid section of the screen. I had expected a "flat screen" view, not a traditional "bowed" view.

I did get hold of the tech manual, but that didn't really help much.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Cheers

Doug

Jambodoug , I have the FQ80 and not get any such problems , I would insist on a replacement set !

Poor geometry is an inherent possibility with large CRTs. And most manufacturers have an (unpublished) tolerance, inside which they will consider the set to be within specification.

None of which helps. The only route to guaranteed perfect geometry is LCD or Plasma - but they have their own, different issues and their own, different 'tolerances' - stuck pixels being an example.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom