1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY FX65 vs FQ75

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by smwood71, Feb 2, 2002.

1. smwood71

smwood71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering buying a Sony 32FX65 and was wondering if this model suffers the same highlighted problems as the FQ75 model which has been mentioned on several thread in this forum, namely the bar of distortion moving across the screen.

Does anyone also know if you can buy this TV with the stand from the FQ75 because this is one of the things that is also putting me off on this TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mate,

i had to fx models and one fq model. all had faults. if i were you i would stay clear of sony. go for a tosh or panasonic. even the dealers are starting to avoid sony tvs

3. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got a KV32FX65 and haven't noticed the scrolling bar problem that seems to be affecting the FQ75.

I have had trouble with the auto format control though - see other threads on here :(

4. smwood71

smwood71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Daren for your reply.

Having done a search on the forum for both FQ75 & FX65 it would seem that the majority of problems are with the FQ75. I guess this could be down to the fact that more people are buying that set over the FQ65, but at least there are some that praise the FQ65 enough for me to consider it.

Has anyone else got good feedback on the FQ65 and has anymore been able to get one with the base form the FX75?

Regards,
    Steve.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Try a Sony 50Hz - seem to have less problems

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would stay away from Sony's if I had the chance. There QA is not what use to be. Panasonics or Tosh's seem to have less problems.

J

7. smwood71

smwood71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you should take a look at all the posts for the new Tosh Picture Frame TV on this forum. I had 5 of these TV's before getting a refund. I certainly would not touch a Tosh again.

I was hoping that Sony might be the answer but...maybe not.

Where next though?

My only other hope (Panasonic 32PB50) has Moire problems on NTSC signals....ahhh!:mad:

This TV buying lark is giving me a headache.

Regards,
    Steve.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't realise the Tosh's are crap as well! Have you tried Loewe? I hear a lot of good things about them. Yes there are expensive, but hopefully their QA are a lot better than Sony/Tosh etc.

J