Sony FX32KV68U question

Slug

Standard Member
Reaction score
Firstly I must record my thanks to these forums which I have been browsing for a while now and which were recently my inspiration for buying a new Sony FX32KV68U on a John Lewis pricematch for £735.
I do now have a couple of slight problems:
1. Whilst the TV is fine in all respects with it's diet of NTL Digital broadcast material, I have noticed some flickering from DVD's on my Pioneer DVD545. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start buying expensive new Scart leads?
2. I have connected the TV to my Arcam AVR100 receiver via the rear audio outputs and find that the output level from the TV is too low to generate sufficient gain from the Arcam. Is there anything in the service menu which can be tweaked to increase the audio output level, or is there another connection option I could try?
Thanks in advance

If you have already done this sorry .Otherwise have you switched the speakers off in the menu and then upped the volume on the tv? I needed it about 75% to feed my yamaha

Jaymac,
Thanks for responding. I have tried as you suggest but require 100% on both TV and Receiver to get volume levels which wouldn't wake the kids upstairs in bed.
Thanks also for not pointing out the mistake with the model number which is of course KV32FX68U and not as given above!

Another option which I think would give you a stronger input is to get phono out from av2 this is a monitor output so you get whatever is on screen. I feed out 2 vcr's and a stb this way.

Hi,

Does your NTL box have phono outputs, if so connect your amp to your NTL box. I have done this for my SKY box as i found it really annoying having togo into the menu to switch the speakers off before getting the sound out into my amp.

Also have you got your NTL box and DVD player in either AV1 or AV2 with the TV set to RGB and your NTL box and DVD player also set to RGB. These settings should make a differnce to the quality of the picture

Thanks

Dal

Hi Dal,
Thanks for your help but my NTL Digital box is a PACE affair with no audio outputs. I have the NTL box on AV1 set to RGB and the DVD player on AV2 set to RGB.

Jaymac,
How would I get audio out from AV2 and would this require a different connection configuration to the one above?
Thanks
Slug

Hi Slug either get a scart to scart with phono leads or a scart connection box that has phono outputs Iused one for awhile about a tenner from argos. Or you could come out of av3 but you would have to select what output you wanted. Cant understand the lack of volume with your amp. It doesn't have a variable level input by any chance high/low just athought Cheers Jaymac

I have now purchased a SCART box from Maplin to breakout the audio from the NTL Box and this now gives acceptable volume levels from the AV receiver, albeit at significantly higher settings than required for the DVD player. There is also some scope for adjusting the Speaker output which I have used to full advantage.

I am still peturbed by the DVD flicker. It seems rather like problems listed elsewhere in these forums which appeared to be compatability issues between Pioneer DVD players and Panasonic TVs. There are also mentions of similar problems in the gargantuan sticky in the DVD Hardware forum, comparing the various types of input / output available.
When using RGB Scart via AV2 there is a noticeable flicker, usually on lighter colours. This disappears if I connect via AV4 using an S-Video lead. However, if I select S-video out through the SCART on the DVD player I just get Black and White. The Composite setting goes back to colour but at significantly reduced picture quality as I would expect. Has anybody else had a similar experience with this type of kit? I did not notice any such problem with my previous Philips TV (9 years old 100hz).

Thanks
Slug

There are other posts on the web about this flickering problem with Wega Sony tv and Pioneer player with RGB. I have the same tv and and a 444 player with same problem. I use SVideo via AV3 and problem disappear. It seems that it's a Sony/Pioneer compatibility problem.

Regards
Ronan

Ronan,
Thanks for your help. I have now swapped my DVD player to AV3 and the flicker has gone. I don't notice any significant quality degradation moving from RGB to s-video either.
The only problem now is that with the video attached to AV2 I get a high-pitched monotone when the video switches to L2 - any ideas what this might be?
Slug

Hi Slug
Just a recap on your original thread ie sound from tv . I know you have resolved this but check the 68's manual I think you can output anything from tv if you select auto. Might save some leads clutter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom