Sony FWD-42PV1 & tv tuner,freeview advice please

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by fastpuma, Mar 17, 2006.

1. fastpuma

fastpuma
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i am planning to buy a Sony FWD-42PV1, but i am totally new to plasmas, can someone tell me if i need to buy a tv tuner for it? do i need one of those freeview boxes, because i want to watch the normal channels such as bbc1 bbc2 itv c4 and c5, any info will be highly apreciated thanks for taking the time to read this.:)

2. g852

g852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    That model is just a panel, so you will need a tuner. Be it Sky, cable or freeview. It hasn't, as far as I know have an aerial socket, but I think its got s-video, so keep that in mind. It's an old panel though, if you really want a Sony, try LCD. if a plasma, then try others as Sony don't make them anymore, so you'd be investing in older technology.

3. fastpuma

fastpuma
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi thanks for the reply, i dont have cable or sky, so my best bet would be to buy one of those freeview boxes to connect it up to the plasma? someone told me that there is a RF on the freeview box, and all i have to do is connect my house arial to the back of the freeview and depending on the connection to the back of the plasma, i can then view the normal channels, is that right?thanks again for your advice. :)

4. g852

g852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    it depends on the connection on the back of the freeview box as well. but if you are limited, you can get converters, so it should be okay.