1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony fs76+sony davs 800+sky+??????

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by maximus desimus, Dec 5, 2002.

1. maximus desimus

maximus desimus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Well here goes
    i have just purchased a sony fs76 and its brill but here are my niggles..hope you can help

1,the piture with sky+ isnt very good the words and say scores on sky sports 123 or sky news are awful i have it in the correct rgb scat socket with a fully wired ixos scart lead but its not good
    the only way to avoid this is if i have the piture mode set to movie ,piture and words brill but heres another niggle when ever i change the piture mode the contrast level in movie mode goes back to default anyway to stop this if i can its the best piture for sky+ by far......Oh for got to say i have sky set to rgb in the settings so its not that...???????????

second niggle...
    i have a sony davs 800 and want to know if i can switch it on and off from stand by useing the fs76 remote i can turn it on by pressing play button when the mode is set to dvd at the top of the remote i have gone thru all the correct codes for the davs 800 player?????

sorry to be a pain in the arse...
    heres a list of the scart sockets and the conections made to them with the equipment i have..

scart socket 1 rgb compatable( sky+)

2 rgb compatable(sony vcr)

3 svhs compatable(sony davs 800)

4 svhs compatable(nothing)

oh forgot to say the sony davs 800 dosent have a scart socket at the back only svhs socket i have a scart to svhs lead plugged in ixos 1 wasnt cheap and does a great job
    i hope sombody can help ,,,now that i have finger cramp....lol
    thanks again..

2. stormchaser

stormchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    hi mate
    congrats on your new telly!!:D
    could you do ma favour please and tell me if the glass shelves on the stand are fixed? or moveable as I am thinking of getting this tv but worried whether my mission 75c centre speaker will fit in
    cheers

3. Dar

Dar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You can decide between two levels for the bottom glass shelve. If you put it at it's highest setting you will have loads of room at the bottom of the stand.

4. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    stormchaser
    I put my AMP on the bottom area, so that should give you the idea of how high it is.

maximus
    If the movie setting solves your problem, maybe you should also try the personal setting. I found I needed to put sharpness to 10% otherwise the picture looked toooooo sharp and nasty.

I setup mine over the last few days and the picture is geometrically perfect 99.999%; no focus/convergence/bending issues, no more than 1mm defects etc. The only issue I have is the buzzing; but Sony are coming out to check if its in specification :( if it is I'm buying something else - although I LOVE the TV! :(

Matt.

5. maximus desimus

maximus desimus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help...
    i have tried the personal settings to no avail the best is movie but the contrast keeps switching back to default wish i could save it some how....thanks again

6. stormchaser

stormchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    thanks guys :D :D :D ........ordered today,from empire direct,but out of stock so waiting patiently :)
    cheers

7. stormchaser

stormchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    is the top shelf fixed then or can it be removed?
    cheers
    I'd rather have my centre speaker almost under the tv?

8. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Both the shelves sit on plastic rests, and another plastic clip holds them in place.

You can take them both out/move them when the TV is on etc.

One other point, when the bottom shelf is on the higher setting only a slim unit fit between the top/bottom shelf. I couldn't fit my DVD player (it has small feet) but my NTL box did.

Regards,
    Matt.

9. bugman

bugman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    mh66639,
    i recently purchased this tv and noticed buzzing,i had a digital cordless phone base station located near to the set and a video sender unit.since moving both 12volt transformers away from the tv the buzzing has gone completely

bugman