1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY FS76 questions

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by WSH, Mar 30, 2003.

1. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    We had ours delivered today. I have some questions:

1. Lip sync is really bad on cable/sky especially noticable on e4, sky news and ITV news. Possibly others. Even after a reset. I have set everything off except DRC 100. RGB is set on the STB. Its really bugging me. I'm sure it wasn't there with our old 29". Anyone else notice this?

2. The remote doesnt allow me to program it to learn the video. Its not the code thats the problem because I cant even make it learn a SONY video. Programming the remote for a DVD works. Have I a dodgy remote?

3. When I turn the cable on the TV automatically selects AV1. I get a faint sound from the previous terrestrial channel.

4. Should the TV not switch back to the channel I was previously on after I switch the cable off?

Looking forward to your responses.

2. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not sure that lip sync problems are actually caused by the TV, wouldve thought that would be the fault of your source.

2, Not sure as i havent got off my ass and tried programming mine.

3, faint sound? hmm i dont have that problem so am unable to help really.

4. dunno.

sorry for my abruptness, i got a hangover.:(

3. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Regarding the codes not working, are you using ones in the user guide. Initially I found they did not work and then remembered a different set conveniently placed in the remote bag. I did not bother to look at this first turning to the manal when I was ready to set them up after everything else some days later. If you have not got them perhaps someone can post them if you list your devices.
    I cannot as I am off on holiday to vegas.:clap:

4. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Stab in the dark really - but have you got the vcr connected to AV3. That's the dedicated vcr scart.

5. bluebull

bluebull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    re problem 2

i have the same
    all that happens is the light flashes for each number entered,
    and doesnt store the number (all flash at the end).
    as with u dvd works - i believe this is fault and if i wasn't requesting a new tele i would request a new remote.

VCR connected to AV3

6. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    1) I get lip sync problems with DVB freeview regularly, but I had them with my old Phillips as well, so put it down to the source not the TV.

2) I'd go with cdave's reply. I found the codes in the manual totally useless. But the codes in the remote wrapper (which are completely defferent) worked fine.
    Bluebell - just because the remote recognises a code, it does not mean that it is the correct code for your VCR, or that the remote is capable of controlling your VCR. The manual does state that not all machines area able to be controlled.

3) in one of the menus I think you can set this to be auto or manual select. I leave mine on auto as I wont switch on STB if I don't want to watch it so not a problem. Certainly don't get any residual sound from previous channel. Are you using a fully wired Scart cable between STB and TV?

4) Mine doesn't but again I don't really care so it's not a problem for me.

7. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks for the replys so far.

1) Im at a bit of a loss about the lip sync problem.

2) I didn't have a slip of paper in the remote wrapper. Its a panasonic video. Could someone provide me with the code please. 004 doesn't work. I dont have the three lights flash at the end and the single VCR light doesn't stay on while I press the keys, as it does when programming the DVD code. JL is calling me tomorrow about it though.

3) So when the TV auto switches and you mute the STB (not the TV) nobody hears a faint sound from the previous channel? The scart lead is IXOS or QED, and was quite expensive.

Why is the VCR better connected to AV3? Its in AV2 right now. The STB is in AV1. I assume the STB is okay in AV1.

8. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    2) I'll have a look for the slip when I get home if nobody posts in the mean time.

3) Haven't really tried this as my sound goes through my HC kit and I have the TV sound down all the time. If I remember I'll try it. Ixos and QED are reasonable makes so should be OK.

AV1 and AV2 are RGB enabled. AV3 is S-video enabled. It's most likely that your video will send S-video or composite. If you can get S-video from your VCR, then you will get a better qaulity picture from AV3 rather than AV1.

9. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have now changed the video to AV3. AV3 output was however switched to AV1. I put it on AV1 when the cable box was off and there was a loud high pitched sqeal like feedback.

When AV1 is off it shows what the AV3 output has been set to. It seems AV1 was looping. I now have AV3 output as TV and I see the last channel I was on when the cable box is off.

I hope the feedback didn't damage the TV in any way. I was quite scary! Does anyone know?

10. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Panasonic codes are listed as 321 or 323. Try those and see how you go.

If the TV still sounds OK, then the feedback is unlikely to have damaged anything.

11. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thank you very much. I just tried 321 and it works.